CaLP Planning and Reporting Accountant
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The Planning & Reporting Accountant plays an important role in CaLP’s team, supporting the full range of our work with members working to improve humanitarian aid around the world. The position has the following dimensions:
- One of the key members of CaLP’s Business Support Team
- Working closely with all members of CaLP’s team, in global and regional offices
- Prepares financial reports and management accounts for CaLP’s managers, and helps them to understand and use them.
- Prepares financial reports for donors, that meet their specific requirements
- Supports budgeting and forecasting for grants and CaLP as a whole
What we are looking for
- Significant experience of working in the financial field
- Strong understanding of international donor and NGO programme financial issues, including programme monthly financial reports, restricted funding regulations and reporting to international donors
- Good understanding of donors’ requirements and compliance matters in financial management of the grants
- Comprehensive knowledge of management accounting, including financial planning and reporting; and experience of making financial information easy for managers to understand and use
- Good understanding of finance systems of CaLP’s hosts (international NGOs, particularly Oxfam)
- Strong computer literacy, and proven experience of computerised accounting systems, preferably PeopleSoft. Strong experience in using Excel & related IT programmes / systems
- Proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems and suggesting improvements; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple workable actions and plans
- Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English
- Ability to build strong and credible relationships internally within CaLP team and externally with other hosts, as appropriate. Proven team worker and demonstrably cooperative with other teams.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of CaLP and Oxfam
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the United Kingdom"
- Written and verbal communication skills in French, Spanish or Arabic.
- Experience in humanitarian aid, or with any CaLP network member.
This role will give you an opportunity to act as key contributor to global Cash Programming and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.