Capacity Development Manager
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Capacity Development Manager
- One year fulltime with possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with travel to provinces and Australia as required
The Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) Facility is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from rural and remote locations. The program supports alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in Australia, primarily at the postgraduate level;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards for Papua New Guineans to undertake short-term professional development study in Australia or PNG, often receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Facility Director, the Capacity Development Manager will lead and manage the delivery of professional development courses and other capacity development initiatives to support targeted professions and sectors in PNG.
This involves leading and managing a team responsible for the delivery of customised Australia Awards short courses and other capacity development initiatives to address specific workforce skills gaps in PNG. The position covers: course identification and design, provider selection, promotions and awardee selections, visa and travel logistics, course delivery oversight, awardee pastoral support, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation. It also includes providing guidance and support to other managers with their education and training activities to ensure a cohesive ‘whole-of-facility’ approach to targeted sector capacity development.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Manager will foster continuous improvement and innovation, ensure quality delivery, and maximise program outcomes for AAPNG.
- Must possess a Postgraduate degree(s) in human resource development, education, international development or related field.
Experience and skills
- Substantial demonstrated experience at a senior level with the identification, development, planning and management of projects or teams involved in workforce skills development across the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Excellent understanding of participatory sector and organisational capacity development approaches and methodologies and demonstrated successful experience with their application.
- Highly developed leadership and project management skills including work planning and implementation, team/personnel management, and financial and contract management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with colleagues, government agencies, service providers and multiple stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment.
- Data management and analysis experience and sound monitoring, evaluation and learning abilities.
- Previous experience with Australian Government-funded projects and knowledge of relevant policies, standards, and protocols.
- Ability and enthusiasm to manage change and drive a ‘can-do’ team culture
- Ability to assess and work sensitively in a cross-cultural multi-stakeholder context
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 499067. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499067
Applications close: 5.00pm (PNG time) 30 July 2021
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.