Chief Executive Officer
About Sahara Conservation Fund
The Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF) is a pioneering international conservation organization working at the forefront of efforts to save the endangered wildlife of the Sahara and the Sahel. SCF’s mission is to conserve the wildlife, habitats and other natural resources of the Sahara and its bordering Sahelian grasslands, with the vision of a Sahara that is well conserved and where ecological processes function naturally, benefiting all inhabitants.
SCF is recruiting a visionary, passionate, and skilled Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization. He or she will be the primary leader of the staff and operations, set strategic direction and execution, and build strong relationships and collaborations with a wide range of local and government partners, funders, conservation organizations and networks, and other actors relevant to SCF’s work.
The successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver, outstanding leader and developer of effective teams, and be committed to achieving impact in nature conservation. Further, he or she will have a deep interest and broad understanding of nature conservation, including the aims and mission of SCF.
- Strong understanding of organizational strategy and business development as required to guide SCF’s growth and impact.
- Ability to drive outstanding results based on clear organizational priorities.
- Capability to clearly articulate the organizational vision and build momentum within the staff and board for achieving significant outcomes.
- Expertise in developing and executing an effective strategy for generating the revenue that the organization needs to succeed.
- Skilled written and oral communication skills across diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and manage diverse alliances and partnerships.
- Ability to design communications and marketing efforts to underpin fundraising.
- Fluency in representing the organization externally with a diverse range of audiences.
- Strong team management skills.
- Expertise as an organization-building entrepreneur (experience, outlook, energy).
- Strong organizational planning and execution skills.
- Developed capability in building a healthy organizational culture.
- Experience in overseeing health, safety, and security.
- Budget development & management skills.
- Ability to develop organizational systems that drive results.
- Fully bilingual in English and French