Communications Specialist, Wildlife Conservation
Under the direction of the Communications Director for Wildlife Conservation, this position will assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of Wildlife Conservation communications priorities and activities. Additionally, this position will support wildlife-related communications needs associated with Wildlife, Marketing & Communications, Development, and other institutional communication needs. Finally, this position will also be a lead on knowledge management of assets and information for the wildlife conservation team and project portfolio.
- Serve as lead for the Wildlife Conservation team for knowledge management, managing content of Wildlife Conservation website and SharePoint as a central knowledge repository for the program and ensuring timely updates of priority species content.
- Supports wildlife-related communications needs and fact-checking associated with Wildlife, Marketing & Communications, Development, and other institutional communication needs. Work closely with authors and experts reviewing all literature on a given topic through completion for materials to be published.
- Work closely with goal and influence teams as well as WWF network offices to develop communications tools, stories and materials that can reach the wildlife conservation team's various audiences.
- Help the communications team, within Wildlife Conservation goal, to develop and implement communications strategies and messaging. Draft, review and edit written goal team materials, including web stories, newsletter and updates. Drafts and finalizes team reports and external communications collateral.
- Assist with fundraising proposals and reports. Prepare and/or finalize scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: A Bachelor's degree is required. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred. Position requires 4 to 6 years program or other professional experience or advanced degree with 2 plus years' experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience using multiple content management tools and communications mediums (SharePoint, Dropbox, etc.).
- Strong project management skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Persistence and resourcefulness in tracking down information
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Good interpersonal skills
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/b4wfbbptgr5fx6b9