Content Management Intern
Description of Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Head of Communications, the Content Management Intern will:
- Map existing website taxonomy to future theme and keyword lists;
- Prepare and format current webpages (pre-migration tasks in advance of moving into the new design and content management system for unu.edu);
- Participate in user testing;
- Review editorial content in related documents and guidelines;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- University studies in journalism, communications or other relevant subjects is required.
- Be in their final year of undergraduate study or enrolled in a graduate degree programme or is within the two-year post graduation (maximum) from either a bachelors’, masters’ or PhD degree programme.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their application online through Impactpool at https://impactpool.org/jobs/710464 and must upload all required documents listed below:
- Brief cover letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post;
- Current and complete CV in English.
Candidates invited for interview must submit prior to the interview the following documents:
- Document(s) confirming your education status (e.g. transcript or proof of enrollment);
- Proof of health and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have health and life insurance.
UNU accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UNU to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.The monthly amount of the stipend will be determined for each duty station based on the stipend rates in effect. The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
The successful candidate shall undertake the internship remotely due to the ongoing pandemic associated with travel restrictions, uncertainties and delays in many aspects. This arrangement should also limit possible exposure to COVID-19. Interns working remotely must have access to a personal laptop or desktop with basic functionalities and internet for the duration of their internship.
Duration of contract
The duration of the internship is 2-6 months.
Expected start date: 1 August 2021 (flexible)
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or a competency-based interview, and references.
The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNU but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship. Interns do not hold international civil servant status nor are they considered a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations and may not represent UNU in any official capacity. UNU accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply. Applications from developing countries, and from women are strongly encouraged.UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Information about UNU rosters
UNU reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this internship announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this internship cohort for upcoming internships within the next 2 years.Scam warningUNU does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.