Corporate Account Manager (Mat Cover)
The Corporate Account Manager role is crucial for our award-winning, creative Fundraising Division, in helping to raise funds to enable this rapid growth and expansion of our impact. In preparing for the next stage of our growth we are looking to increase and diversify our income in a sustainable way. This will include a major focus on stewarding and developing our current partnership portfolio at War Child. The Corporate Account Manager role will have a major focus on managing, delivering and growing a number of War Child’s current corporate partnerships.
JOB SPECIFICATION: TASK AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Achieve agreed financial and non-financial objectives in line with the Organisational Fundraising Strategy.
- To provide excellent account management and maximise opportunities with all corporate partnerships using flair and originality to exceed expectations and ensure joint objectives are met
- Researching, identifying and approaching new fundraising opportunities through our current partner networks to feed into the corporate team new business pipeline
- Line manage one of the Corporate Partnerships Executives, enabling them to contribute to delivering on team objectives while supporting their personal development.
- Corporate Fundraising
- Develop strong personal relationships with decision makers, high-level and key influencers within our corporate partners and wider CSR networks
- Develop and implement successful partnership plans to actively engage individuals from across our partner organisations in fundraising activities
- Construct and implement clear account management processes
- Pro-actively engage corporate supporters with pro-bono and volunteering opportunities and work closely across all War Child departments to effectively implement the support
- Develop compelling communications assets and maximise the use of partner communications channels
- Manage and deliver corporate events as required
- Use our partner networks to develop new relationships with corporates capable of supporting War Child through a wide range of fundraising activity including Charity of the Year, CRM, sponsorship, foundations
- Work alongside other fundraising teams including Music, Philanthropy and Individual Giving to identify any cross-working opportunities that will support the other functions or add value to corporate partnerships
- Champion our corporate partners internally within War Child to ensure support and involvement from other team members and volunteers
- Work closely with War Child programme staff in London and in country to provide accurate reporting and programme updates
- Work alongside the Head of Corporate Partnerships to monitor partnership budgets with the goal of delivering a high return on investment
- Support and contribute towards the development of the corporate partnerships annual and long-term strategy.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Corporate Partnerships Executive you will be responsible for line managing
- Ensure all War Child fundraising activity, as a minimum requirement, adheres to the Fundraising Standards Board and Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Conduct and is tax effective
- Update the fundraising database and maximise its potential as a fundraising and reporting tool
- Monitor and evaluate fundraising activity and submit reports when required
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time by the Head of Corporate Partnerships and Director of Fundraising to support delivery of the wider organisational strategy.