Deputy Chief of Party - Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program in East Africa. Position to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR) is to promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can only be solved on a regional basis. STARR comprises of four main objectives: (i) Strengthening cross-border agricultural trade and value chains; (ii) improved regional agricultural inputs; (iii) strengthening resilience; (iv) strengthening the regional policy environment.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the Deputy Chief of Party will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation.
- Degree in agricultural development, agribusiness, market systems, economics, project management or other relevant discipline; advanced degree preferred;
- At least 10 years’ experience managing the technical aspects of agricultural development and/or agricultural value chain development programs;
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing projects focused on value chains, food security, and market systems; experience within East African VCs preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain good relationships with government officials and other stakeholders.
- Ability to serve as acting COP in the COP’s absence;
- Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Africa; direct experience in Kenya or another East African country is preferred;
- Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2xAEMmq
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.