- A current driving licence and a good driving record is essential
- Full time position until 30th December 2019
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu with possibility of extension
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoET in its focus on children across Vanuatu having better access to an inclusive, quality basic education, as well as supporting the management and allocation of education resources.
VESP II commenced in February 2019 and will assist the Ministry’s reforms and support teachers and students into the senior Primary years. As part of VESP II, the Australia Awards Vanuatu (AAV) is also supported.
Coffey through VESPII is seeking applications for a Driver/Office Assistant
The Driver/Office Assistant will report to the Program and IT Support Officer and the Operations Manager and assist with logistics, deliveries, staff movements and other driving duties. In addition, the position will provide general support to the VESP II office as are assigned by the Operations Manager.
The Driver/Office Assistant will:
- Undertake driving duties including transporting personnel and making deliveries
- Maintain and check all motor vehicle log books, the registration, the insurance, roadworthiness and the ongoing maintenance
- Ensure vehicles are serviced to manufacturer recommendations
- Perform general office duties, including assisting with organising meetings, seminars/workshops and booking venues
- Assist with administrative tasks associated with the procurement, data entry, checking inventory and monitor / replenish office supplies & materials
- Perform other duties as required by the Operations Manager.
We are seeking applicants with at least a junior secondary certificate of education. Study at senior secondary level or other equivalent training, including on the job training is desirable. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role in government, private or development sector, be a self-starter, be honest and trustworthy and successfully meet deadlines. Demonstrated knowledge of office operations and processes is essential. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated capacity to take initiative, work as a member of a team and deal with people in a friendly and professional manner. Fluency in English and Bislama is essential and the ability to communicate in French would be highly regarded.
How to Apply
For a position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 497677.
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) 26th February 2019
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanuatu Education Support Program Phase II (VESPII) and Australia Awards Vanuatu is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.