Electric Utility Specialist
Electric Utility Specialist (Consultant), MCC Evaluation of Sierra Leone Threshold Program, Sierra Leone
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI has been contracted as of September 2018 on an independent evaluation of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Sierra Leone Threshold Program, including the Regulatory Strengthening Project, Electricity Sector Reform Project, and the Water Sector Reform Project. The evaluation is expected to be conducted over a period of five years (base year and four options years).
SI seeks an Electric Utility Specialist to provide technical expertise in the electricity sector and contribute to the design and implementation of the electricity-related components of the evaluation. Working under the guidance of the Team Leader and the Electricity Sector Expert the Electric Utility Specialist will be responsible for technical and methodological input of the Electricity Sector Reform Project and Electricity Regulatory Strengthening Project evaluation activities. This will be a part-time consulting opportunity over the entire period of performance, based in Sierra Leone.
**Please Note: Local Sierra Leonean candidates are encouraged to apply.**
- Provide technical and methodological input related to electricity sector components.
- Conduct qualitative data collection, such as interviews with major stakeholders, conduct FGDs.
- Contribute to developing and drafting documents and reports.
- Contribute to developing dissemination materials and participate in presentations.
- Take up responsibilities to collect information such as secondary data, documents from relevant offices and ministries in Sierra Leone and liaise with the MCCU staff.
- Demonstrated experience working in the power/electric utility sector, in Sierra Leone.
- In-depth knowledge of governance and institutional and regulatory reform in the electricity sector.
- Bachelor’s degree (electrical engineering preferred) or higher in a related field.
- 5 years of experience in power/electrical utility sector
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local non-governmental organizations or community-based organizations for the design and implementation of performance and/or impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Thorough understanding of EGTC and EDSA performance, specifically, and the electricity sector in general.
- Familiarity with performance evaluation methodologies.
- Experience with primary data collection in Sierra Leone strongly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
To learn more about the position and apply go to: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=2428