Executive Director, Finance & Quality Assurance
The Executive Director, Finance & Quality Assurance provides strategic vision and leadership on finance, information management, performance, quality assurance, and risk management across WWF International and the broader WWF Network. S/he supports the delivery of the WWF mission by championing and driving an efficient, performance-driven organization which uses information, financial resources and risks management systems to deliver the best possible conservation impact.
The Executive Director, Finance & Quality Assurance reports to the Director General of WWF International and liaises very closely with the governance bodies of the network, namely the International Board and, in particular, its Audit, Finance and Risk Committee (ARCC) and its Finance and Investment Committee (FIC), as well as the Network Executive Team (NET). The Executive Director, Finance & Quality Assurance will also work collaboratively with the CFOs of the WWF national member organisations.
S/he supervises the Finance, Performance, Quality Assurance (QA), Risk, and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) teams. Key to the role is the demonstrated ability to anticipate, influence and drive change while securing different levels of stakeholders’ buy in and support. The experience of working in complex, multi-cultural environments, and the ability to inspire and lead teams will be real assets for this role.
Please download our Appointment Brief for a full list of Duties and Responsibilities.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership/managerial skills, ability to drive change and organisational culture;
- Demonstrates strategic foresight and global systems thinking approach;
- Strong political, interpersonal and negotiation skills and appreciation of culturally diverse perspectives;
- Excellent proven track record of effective financial management and executive decision making;
- Prior experience of engaging and working with public sector partners;
- High credibility and excellent presentation skills;
- Demonstrable understanding of major technology trends and how they might be applied in a complex global organization;
- Superior ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals across a range of cultural environments;
- Ability to motivate, delegate to, and manage staff for maximum efficiency;
- Passion for and some knowledge of conservation and sustainability issues;
- Works to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality; excellent understanding of social policies and safeguards;
- Clearly demonstrates behaviors aligned to the culture of WWF: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields, or equivalent work experience (CFA, CPA, MBA, CRM desirable);
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role within a complex, matrixed global organization, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in quality assurance, risk management and performance metric assessment;
- Experience of managing investment strategies and liabilities, capital structure and knowledge of regulatory trends;
- Fluency in English is essential. Other languages would be an advantage.