Global Head of Partnerships
About Manufacture 2030
Manufacture 2030 (trading as 2degrees Ltd.) is a fast-growing, mission-driven company with the sole purpose of tackling climate change by accelerating carbon reduction at scale across manufacturing supply chains.
We provide retailers and manufacturers with greater certainty in hitting emissions reduction targets by measuring environmental impacts, accelerating performance improvement within factories and offering forward visibility of progress over time. Our mix of people, process and cloud-based software is designed to help cut costs, risk and environmental impacts, accelerating global progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are headquartered in Oxford, UK, with colleagues in the UK, continental Europe, and the US. Our platform and support services are helping suppliers in 50 countries worldwide, operating in 14 languages. We are a culturally diverse and energetic team, passionately committed to helping our clients and their suppliers achieve their carbon reduction commitments.
They are looking for a motivated and experienced Global Head of Partnerships (new business) to play a critical role in growing their business and increasing the positive impact of our services.
This is an opportunity for a target-driven person with commercial experience and a genuine passion for sustainability to join and help build a rapidly growing start-up. You may come from a sustainability consultancy, a small or large business or a not-for-profit organisation that works in collaboration with companies. Please only apply if you can meet the essential criteria below. If you are early in your career (for example, five years after graduating) but can demonstrate the right skills and experience, then please get in touch.
• Effectively communicating the company vision, product and value proposition to reduce carbon emissions in global supply chains by improving the performance of suppliers at scale
• Achieving agreed sales targets and KPIs including pipeline creation and new client contracts by growing the business in the UK, Europe and North America
• Representing Manufacture 2030 at industry events and initiatives, networking with prospects and gathering market intelligence on competitor activity and industry trends
• Supporting the Chief Commercial Officer and Heads of Industry by prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing revenue from new supply chain owner customers
• Building trust-based relationships with senior executives (Sustainability, Procurement, CSR, EHS, Supply Chain) within chosen market verticals via a target account list (TAL)
• Writing and managing presentations, plans and proposals and accurately recording all client contact within our CRM system
• Effectively managing the performance and development of the Partnerships Executive
• Working with the marketing team to drive brand awareness, generate new leads and interest in our work
• Providing the Chief Commercial Officer with accurate pipeline forecasting and management information for business development performance reporting
• Highly motivated by our mission to tackle climate change by reducing environmental impacts and a genuine passion for the subject
• Proven experience of building strong partnerships and selling products or consultancy into global corporations
• Demonstrable experience of successfully representing an organisation at events and in high-level meetings, able to win respect and build rapport quickly
• Knowledge of environmental sustainability and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions reduction
• Highly organised with strong project management skills
• Fluency in English is a must, additional languages will be a plus
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, CRM systems and social media
• Network of existing contacts within sustainability and/or procurement
• Experience working with or selling cloudbased software or data related products
• A bachelor’s degree, ideally in a relevant subject
• An energetic person who is self-motived with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Passionate about supporting our mission to tackle climate change by helping retailers and manufacturers reduce their environmental impacts
• Likely to thrive in an entrepreneurial and down-to-earth culture and happy to get involved as needed with different elements of the business
• An excellent communicator, able to talk confidently to senior executives from large global brands
• Quick and eager to learn about our customers, their priorities, and be prepared to challenge their thinking
• Someone who understands when to listen, how to empathise and when to ask questions that help us, and prospects, qualify the opportunity of working together
• Keen to develop both your effectiveness and skill set, showing a willingness to take on new tasks and grow as an individual as our business grows
• Aware that working in a tech scale-up comes with its own challenges, but are excited by the opportunities this type of environment provides