Global Sector Lead- Sustainable Energy
About Global Green Growth Institute
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organisation founded to support and promote “green growth”, defined as economic growth that is environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies and investment projects that can impact the lives of millions. The organisation partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in over 30 developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organisation also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Global Sector Lead shall oversee the development and execution of all sectoral engagements at country, regional, and global levels. The Sector Lead is responsible for, among others, (a) development of the GGGI strategy and business plan for the renewable energy sector, (b) strategic advice on GGGI’s portfolio of energy projects informed by anticipated market trends, relevant policy, standards and regulations, and sector knowledge, (c) contributing to the development and content of knowledge sharing and capacity development engagements, and (d) expanding and strengthening the institute’s knowledge network and international presence.
- Relevant professional experience that combines intellectual, strategic and managerial leadership in project management, in an international setting with a public or private sector organisation- preferably both.
- Must have worked on market-based methods for renewable energy or energy infrastructure; experience with the design and use of results-based financing is a bonus.
- Proven managerial skills to lead a team effectively and deliver expected outputs on time and manage multi-cultural team.
- Experience in international organisations working with developing countries is a strength. Proven records of providing policy advisory services to developing countries are a plus.
- Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of another relevant language is an asset.
An advanced degree (Masters) relevant to green growth policies in general and renewable energy in particular, is a requirement; a specialty in environmental economics, energy (energy infrastructure, sustainable energy technology, energy planning and policy, energy economics, etc.), climate change, or other related disciplines is an asset.
Interested in this role?
Location: Republic of Korea, Seoul
Closing date: 20th September
For more information and to apply: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/global-sector-lead-sustainable-energy/