Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized inItaly.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Central African Republic and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Job title: Gynaecologist
Job location: Sierra Leone, Makeni HospitalApplication deadline: December 5, 2018Start date: January 2019
Duration: 6/12 months
- University Degree in Medicine with further specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology or equivalent title
- At least 10 years’ relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Previous professional experience in Developing Countries
- Willing to work in a multicultural team, adaptable and resilient to stress
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
The Senior Gynaecologist will work in the Government Hospital of Makeni and will be responsible of coordinating, supervising and working alongside the local staff.
The specific tasks will be:
- manage the gynaecological/obstetric area, carrying out clinical activity and monitoring the coverage and quality of services provided in maternity ward, delivery room, OT and OPD
- contribute to the improvement of the wards management
- supervise and mentor the local health staff through theoretical and practical trainings
- collaborate in promoting the access to hospital services
- support the work of the PH expert in collecting hospital data and preparing reports
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.