OMRS Guideline Implementation Support Adviser
- Opportunity for a human resource management specialist to support whole of government reform in Fiji
- Full-time, 12 month contract
- Start date late 2018 / early January 2019
- Based in Suva, Fiji. Some travel within Fiji may be required.
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its Education, Health and Scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship program in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the Civil Society sector in Fiji and delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, as well as governance sector support when requested by the Fijian Government.
The Civil Service Reform Management Unit (CSRMU) manages and implements a range of reforms across the civil service in Fiji and is seeking an adviser to support the Unit with the implementation of Open Merit Recruitment and Selection (OMRS) Guidelines across the Civil Service in Fiji.
The company managing the Facility on behalf of the Australian Government, Coffey, is recruiting the position of OMRS Guideline Implementation Support Adviser on behalf of the CSRMU. The Adviser will report to the Director, CSRMU.
The OMRS Guideline Implementation Support Adviser will continue the work which has been done to date and will provide ongoing support to Ministries in Fiji in fully implementing the principles of open merit recruitment and selection, as part of the broader civil service reforms. Key responsibilities will include:
- Using information from OMRS audits, existing training programs and procedure reviews, to identify and implement appropriate capacity development and learning activities;
- Monitor and report on progress and improvements in the implementation of the OMRS guideline;
- Assist ministries to identify efficiencies to improve processing times for vacancies; and
- Provide hands on coaching and mentoring for selection panel members to improve approaches to and tools developed for selection activities
The ideal candidate will have post-graduate qualifications in Human Resource Management and will demonstrate significant experience implementing the principles of open merit for recruitment and selection in a public sector environment; combined with experience developing and delivering workplace based training programs to meet government wide initiatives. Sound knowledge of recruitment and selection activities and tools will be required for success, as well as experience maintaining strong relationships with people from varying backgrounds. Previous experience working in the Pacific or another developing country context will be highly regarded.
This position is classified Category D Level 3 (long term) capped at the entry level under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 497443.
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 26 October 2018.
Coffey, through the Facility, is supporting the recruitment of this position on behalf of the Fijian Government Civil Service Reform Management Unit