Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized inItaly.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Job title: Paediatrician/Neonatologist
Job location: Angola, Hospital of Chiulo
Start date: January 2019
Duration: 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent title in Paediatrics/Neonatology
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Portuguese
- Solid experience in paediatrics and neonatology
- Previous experience in developing countries
- Previous experience in paediatric and neonatology departments
The Paediatrician/Neonatologist is responsible for the Paediatrics department, the Neonatology unit and the nutritional center. The specific tasks are:
- Ensure the proper functioning of the Paediatric and Nutritional Unit
- Ensure data collection and analysis for paediatric activities
- Ensure assistance for paediatric patients with tuberculosis and HIV / AIDS
- Implement on-the-job training and formal training of staff dedicated to neonatal and child services
- Contribute to the good functioning of the information system and to the strategy of improving the quality of services implemented in the hospital
- Collaborate with other hospital doctors to ensure the exchange of knowledge and the proper functioning of the hospital in all its components
To apply: http://www.mediciconlafrica.org/en/application/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.