Pilot Projects Evaluation Lead
Impact Evaluation and Monitoring
It is a critical time for Jordan and the Middle East. Amid large turmoil and crises of unprecedented scale, it is imperative to prepare for a rebuilding stage in the region’s development. In that light, it is critical that entities focused on education and development clearly recognize and understand “what works”. To this end, QRF is developing an evidence and evaluation strategy and have established this position to identify an evaluation and learning leader that can play a pivotal role in its journey to designing, testing and scaling effective interventions in education.
- Lead the delivery of evaluation projects which seek to pilot and test innovative interventions and proven interventions in new contexts using mixed method approaches.
- Work across the full evaluation cycle including designing evaluations, designing sampling strategies, developing interview guides and observation protocols, overseeing data collection, designing and carrying out data analysis, and disseminating results through written reports, briefing notes, and presentations.
- Contribute to the team’s intellectual capital development activities, including developing technical resources such as standardized approaches and tools.
- Provide support and on-the-job learning to team members, and deliver internal training. This is a significant component of this role and so candidates must relish the opportunity to teach and develop staff.
- Contribute to the team’s intellectual reputation development activities, including developing articles and blog posts out of project work, presenting at conferences, and actively engaging with the impact evaluation community.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a relevant discipline with a strong focus on research methods (such as development studies, sociology, politics, geography, economics, statistics, or education).
- Experience piloting and testing innovative interventions or proven interventions in new contexts in the education sector.
- Experience conducting formative research, feasibility studies, process evaluations and/or evaluations using qualitative and mixed method designs.
- Experience developing intervention theory of change models and familiarity with theory-based evaluations.
- An understanding of sampling approaches.
- Experience designing interview guides and observation protocols.
- Field experience in conducting qualitative research.
- Ability to write clearly.
- Experience in low or middle-income countries required. Experience in the Arab region is preferred.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Experience in developing and delivering training on mixed-methods evaluation approaches.
- Experience in project management, including the management of large project teams.
- Familiarity with quantitative impact evaluation methodologies (experimental and quasi-experimental designs including randomized controlled trials).
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English. Strong command of Arabic (dialect and modern standard Arabic) strongly preferred but not required.