Project Management – Financial Sector Development
Project Management (f/m/*)– Financial Sector Development
in our Technical Assistance Department
Starting as of September 15, 2021 (40h/week), Cologne
ACGF– Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation is a charitable foundation based in Cologne, Germany and an office in Berlin. ACGF was founded in September 2014 by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (a member of the KFW Group). ACGF is further supported with funds provided by the World Bank via the Afghan Government and by KfW Development Bank.
ACGF's mission is to improve access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Afghanistan by providing credit guarantees and related technical assistance to Partner Institutions (PIs) – banks, micro-finance, and micro-deposit institutions. ACGF implements its mandate by providing partial credit guarantees to Afghan financial institutions for loans extended to Afghan MSMEs. ACGF is also in the process of establishing a matching grants facility and a start-up facility for businesses in Afghanistan.
The Technical Assistance Department manages all Technical Assistance (TA) activities by ACGF, partly funded by the World Bank and KfW Development Bank, in the area of financial sector support (i.e. capacity building for financial institutions, establishment of best-practice MSME lending processes at financial institutions, introduction of new lending products, market research etc.). Travels to Afghanistan are not required.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing the TA needs of PIs and other beneficiaries. Subsequently, you will take charge of the design and implementation of these initiatives.
Specifically, you will undertake the following tasks
- Plan and design TA projects for PIs and other beneficiaries.
- Close management and monitoring of the implementation of TA projects, ensuring the objectives will be achieved.
- Administration of TA projects, including structuring contracts, drafting internal project/approval documents, etc.
- Interact closely with representatives of ACGF's PIs and supervise external consultants. In doing so, you will work closely with our Afghan subsidiary SCSA.
- Assist in ensuring ACGF's TA processes and procedures, develop suggestions for improvement and update internal documents and manuals.
- Support reporting to donors and other stakeholders.
All of your tasks will be guided by ACGF’s processes and procedures and will be line with ACGF’s objectives and stakeholder’s needs as well as best-practices of MSME finance
- Academic degree preferably in a subject related to the field of economics, business or public policy.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in at least one of the following two areas; a combination of both is an advantage:
- Management / administration of development cooperation projects (ideally in financial sector support / SME finance).
- Experience in SME banking (ideally in the context of a developing country).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).Advanced knowledge of MS Office softwareAttention to detail and diligence
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving, structured approach to work
- Enjoyment of professional challenges
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented, multicultural environment
- Excellent command of the English language. German and other languages would be an add-on
- Interest in the philosophy and goals of development cooperation
- Ideally valid work permit in Germany
What We Offer:
- A job in a distinctly international environment
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of mobile working by arrangement.
- An office in the heart of Cologne that is easily accessible by public transport
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to contribute to a visible impact in Afghanistan
We are looking forward to getting to know you. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.acgf.de
Please apply online with a cover letter, CV and remuneration expectation. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Ms. Carmen Michaelis at firstname.lastname@example.org.