Public Health Midwives
South Sudan, Eastern Lakes State, Yirol and Rumbek (2 positions)
6 months (renewable)
- Registered Midwife with further specialisation, Master or equivalent title in Public Health
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic will be an asset
- Previous experience in emergency contexts, better if in South Sudan
- Knowledge in safe-motherhood, nutrition, EPI, IEC, SBVG
- Good level in computer skills, especially MS Excel
- At least 2 years’ experience as a public health midwife within an INGO
The Public Health Midwife will work as a technical assistant to CHDs and HFs staff throughout different counties in the assigned area (Eastern Lakes State), within a multi-tasking qualified team. In particular, she:
- ensure that deliveries, antenatal and postnatal services are appropriately covered in all supported health facilities according to MoH protocols and standards
- ensure that midwives and TBAs adequately use the partograms and take proper measures for prevention of complications to mother and baby
- ensure that mothers receive postnatal care during puerperium, with emphasis on infection prevention and successful breastfeeding
- conduct on the job training for enrolled midwives, MCHWs and TBAs with focus on identifying high-risk cases, provision of health education, counselling, and appropriate referral during pregnancy
- ensure that antenatal data are recorded correctly in official register books, patient’s cards etc.
- ensure proper record keeping of all input and output and conduct inventories on regular basis in antenatal and postnatal services.
- participate in the project outreach activities, in IEC material conception.
- collaborate in the analysis and collection of monthly HMIS and weekly surveillance reports.
- participate in compiling the project monthly activities report