Public Relations and Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Long term contract 12 months, with potential for extension
- Based in Vientiane, Laos
The Laos Australia Institute is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government. The Laos Australia Institute manages Australia’s main investments in Human Resource Development (HRD) in Laos, including the Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) and Laos Australia National Scholarships (LANS). The program also supports HRD policies, planning and implementation for the Government of Laos (GOL); in particular through work with two key counterpart organisations, the Ministry of Education and Sports and Ministry of Home Affairs. The program is committed to ensure equity for women, people living with disability and those living in the Provinces (especially those in designated disadvantaged districts) in all of its activities.
Reserved for Laos Citizens
The Public Relations and Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will provide effective PR and communications support to LAI and will liaise with the team to collect, collate and analyse monitoring and evaluation data as well as support the work of the M&E Advisor and the Director in accordance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare information, communication and promotional materials to inform key stakeholders and the general public about the LAI program, in accordance with individual program, Australia Awards and Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) guidelines;
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with DFAT’s public affairs team in Vientiane, keeping them informed of all public affairs opportunities in a timely manner and seeking clearance for all relevant materials;
- Oversee the coordination and distribution of periodic Good News Stories and regular feature stories and news bulletins (including social medial and promotional materials);
- Assist technical advisers and senior management across LAI and ensure technical documents are well presented (including photos and overall presentation), and translated accurately;
- Coordinate content of LAI and Australia Awards Laos websites and photo galleries;
- Supervise and support a small team of casual staff undertaking Alumni Development Impact Survey/s.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor and the Director to support and coordinate in country implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework;
- Collect, collate, and analyse monitoring and evaluation information and data on an as needs and ongoing basis;
We are seeking applicants with a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media or a related field. The successful candidate will have solid experience in networking and communication activities and will be able to demonstrate their experience in working with the media and government agencies and have a clear understanding of relevant protocols. Experience in writing, editing and proof reading communication documents for publication in both English and Loas and experience of drafting articles and managing websites is essential. You will have the ability to understand and work within the confines of scientific rigor when performing M&E related duties. Experience in collecting, collating and analysing monitoring and evaluation data and information to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail is highly desirable. To be successful in this role you will be creative with an innovative approach and be able to demonstrate a high-level of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels and to produce effective business correspondence and reports. You will also have advanced knowledge and ability in both spoken and written English and have excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise your workload and have a proactive approach to meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495922
Applications close 5.00pm (Laos time) 17th March 2018
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is managed by Coffey on behalf of the Australian Government.