Reall: Project Managers x 2
In developing cities across the world over 140 million people pay $100-$350 per month to live in informal settlements that are unplanned, unregulated, unmanaged, have no security of tenure, representation or access to basic services. These numbers are swelling as an increasing influx of people relocate to urban centres in search of jobs and better prospects. 3.5 billion people, over half the world, already live in urban settings. By 2050 this is projected to be over 6 billion people. The Global South’s burgeoning urban centres are not equipped to deal with this housing demand. Reall is one of very few actors taking on the challenge of affordable urban housing
Reall has been operating in the affordable housing sector since the 1980s when it was established as Homeless International (HI), a grant-giving NGO and one of the only organisations working to alleviate global housing poverty.
As a key member of the technical project managers’ cluster, the successful candidate will work with partners across Africa and Asia to assess, approve and monitor the delivery of a portfolio of projects, demonstrating a commercially viable and sustainable affordable homes model.
- Review and agree project objectives, including evaluation of project design and quality standards
- Manage relationships with partner organisations, evaluate partner capacity needs and contribute to partner development
- Project management skills assessing project costs, value for money and value engineering
- Programme management skills (project and project pipeline planning, critical path analysis, programme delivery and problem solving)
- Partner management (ability to build and manage working relationships with a wide range of people from various cultural backgrounds)
- Monitor project execution against agreed targets and advise partner organisations on alternative solutions
- Maintain and disseminate accurate progress reports on delivery risks, quality standards, partners project management
- Carry out technical due diligence on prospective partners to confirm alignment to Reall’s mission and objectives
- Manage sub-contractors workflow and relationships
- Financial skills, including modelling, budgeting, cost analysis and forecasting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- MS Office, project management software and general computer skills, and ability to learn new software