Senior Programmes Officer
Based in London (minimum 30 days overseas travel per year)
£36,461.95 - £38,321.88 plus 6% employer’s pension
War on Want is a dynamic organisation working in active solidarity with grassroots social movements around the world while undertaking cutting edge campaigns in the UK.
We have been fighting against the root causes of poverty and oppression, as part of the worldwide movement for social justice. We believe that another world is possible and together with thousands of other networks, groups and social movements we jointly struggle for a better world.
War on Want has been in existence for over 65 years and our International Programmes Department is one of the foundational blocks of War on Want. Through our International Programmes we have been able to develop long standing relationships with partners in the global South, specifically with social movements, worker-led collectives and grassroots movements led by indigenous people, peasants and women. Our partners are located in Latin America. Asia and Africa and are engaged in struggles for workers’ rights, land rights, the right to decide on their natural and mineral resources and the right to food sovereignty.
As Senior International Programmes Officer you will be joining War on Want at an exciting time where we are looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team to help build on War on Want’s partnership legacy by supporting existing partnerships but also assist us in taking our programmes work forward into new and exciting partnerships that fit within our thematic focus areas.
Together with the International Programmes team, you will be responsible for
- Managing the monitoring and implementation of existing grant funded projects, as well as financial and narrative reporting to donors;
- Working with the fundraising team to develop multi-year grant applications to support existing and new partners and contribute to core cost recovery
- Driving the expansion of the international programmes partnership portfolio in line with War on Want’s strategic framework, with an emphasis on women-led groups;
- Working with the media and communications team to ensure effective communication of War on Want’s international programmes that platform the voices of partners in the global South
- Working with the campaigns team to engage in targeted UK facing advocacy that is representative of our partners’ struggles
For an application pack, please contact David Rudkin at email@example.com or download from www.waronwant.org/jobs. In completing your application you will also be required to submit links to a minimum of two published examples of your work