Senior Talent and Resourcing Business Partner
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have a track record of developing forward thinking Talent and Resourcing strategies and activities to support organisational change?
Do you have demonstrable experience of managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and inclusion in teams and / or workplaces?
Do you have significant experience of strategic business partnering gained within a large complex organisation and with multiple stakeholders?
We are looking for a Senior Talent and Resourcing Business Partner at a pivotal time of transition and change for the organisation.
This role is being advertised as a maternity cover. We are expecting interviews to take place on: Thursday 5th, Friday 6th, Monday 9th or Tuesday 10th August.
This role can be home based / remote but the successful candidate must be based and have the right to work in the UK
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be supporting the organisations effectiveness by leading the development and implementation of strategic Talent and Resourcing (T&R) programmes and initiatives, with an approach aligned to our culture change, Equalities and transformation agenda, and which embeds Oxfam’s values and our Feminist Leadership approach in how we work, in the UK and Globally.
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- A track record of developing forward thinking Talent and Resourcing strategies and activities to support organisational change and drive performance Experience of developing talent pipelines to address current and future skills and behavioural needs, including increasing diversity in workforces
- Demonstrable experience of managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and inclusion in teams and / or workplaces
- Significant experience of strategic business partnering gained within a large complex organisation and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of delivering career path frameworks and an understanding of Reward principles
- Demonstrable 'ability to develop strategies and business plans, which deliver outcomes linked to wider business strategies and organisational change
- Analytical skills, including using data to measure outcomes and inform decision making, and being able to weigh up and take decisions when there are unknowns
- Be a role model for wellbeing and resilience
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We believe this role would work well as partially home-based.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of our organisation.
Offers of employment within the open recruitment stages will be subject to one satisfactory internal reference from a current manager in line with current policy where the selected candidate is moving to a new Division and the role has significantly changed from their current post. Gaining an internal employment reference will not apply to those within ringfence selection or suitable alternative / redeployment situation which falls under Oxfam’s redundancy process.
Conditional offers made in selection stages may also be subject appropriate screening checks. Oxfam GB participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will take into account any live disciplinary sanctions a candidate may have when making the selection decision.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your CV (and cover letter optional) to this role. As part of your CV and/or Cover Letter please ensure you have stated your suitability for the role.
Oxfam GB is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com). If you also want to discuss your application, please do contact us as well.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of an international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.