Senior Technical Specialist (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning)
The Senior Technical Specialist will support the growth and development of Social Impact’s practice by joining new and ongoing projects as a project director or technical advisor. Additionally, this individual will have a hand in developing new business through the development of contacts and technical proposals. The primary function of the Senior Technical Specialist will be to provide technical oversight, implementation, and quality control for SI’s monitoring, performance evaluation, and learning (MEL) contracts. With support from SI Program Managers, the Senior Technical Specialist may also provide management oversight and support for these projects and programs.
Service Delivery - 80%
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and state-of-the-art methodologies, analysis techniques, and MEL approaches to project work. Serve as a team member, team leader, project director, facilitator, and/or technical advisor on a variety of contracts.
- Ensure adherence to and promote SI’s Evaluation Quality, Use, and Impact protocols, while meeting contractual requirements.
- Design and implement innovative MEL and adaptive management activities and approaches leveraging data and evidence for decision making
- Provide coaching and troubleshooting support for SI teams working on MEL projects.
- Ensure client satisfaction and monitor use of recommendations and products.
- Lead or co-lead training and technical assistance for key donors and clients.
- Provide direct service delivery on client contracts.
Business Development - 12%
- Serve as technical lead or technical writer for proposals, including complex proposals requiring high levels of technical input.
- Lead scoping, positioning, planning, marketing and proposal development related to SI’s work with current and new clients.
- Aid in the identification of MEL experts, team leaders, and sectoral experts for bids. Interview and assess technical capacity of proposed SI staff and consultants for inclusion in proposals.
Thought Leadership - 8%
- Be a recognized technical expert in SI in MEL and apply that expertise to SI projects and proposals.
- Develop knowledge assets and new technical approaches to differentiate SI from other competitors in the MEL market place.
- Present thought leadership pieces in internal and external venues.
- Participate in and lead relevant external communities of practice.
- Publish technical papers, blogs, working papers, and other influence products for the MEL community.
- Master’s Degree, plus 7 years of professional experience.
- Degree(s) in one of the social sciences or international development with evidence of in-depth technical training in the area of MEL.
- Demonstrated expertise in management consulting, MEL design and delivery, assessments, data analysis and visualization, knowledge management, capacity building, and training
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, with a strong understanding of qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on MEL engagements, preferably in developing countries, with high quality resulting deliverables.
- Experience working with DOS, USAID, foundations, and/or international NGOs.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short to medium term assignments (approximately 20%)
- In-depth experience in one or more area in international development such as democracy and governance, security and peace keeping, humanitarian assistance, workforce development, food security, health and education, the environment, or economic growth.
- Proficiency in a foreign language (French preferred).
- Team management experience.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.