Service Manager - Digital
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
The Information Services (IS) team’s purpose is to ensure the delivery by suppliers of IT and Communications services for the business to agreed service levels. From supporting our ground relief in Indonesia, to ensuring clean water and sanitation for the refugees fleeing war-torn Syria, everything we do is underpinned by our information systems (IS). Our IS team manage a wide range of suppliers to ensure high quality and timely system delivery, to support our humanitarian programme, provide our supporters with the latest information and ensure the availability of our on line presence.
Reporting to IS Vendor and Contracts Manager, the Service Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the delivery of goods and services by IS suppliers to agreed levels service ensuring that Oxfam receives the required value from it’s investment and that services remain effective and efficient. This is a complex and varied role, depending on the nature of the capability being supported.
- Understanding the business requirements for the supported services including the service levels and commercial arrangements that underpin these.
- Liaising with IS Service Delivery and Procurement staff to ensure commercial agreements are in place that meet the business requirements.
- Engage with Supplier, IS, Procurement and Business staff to ensure that the delivery of the service is to agreed standards
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders and develop a “partnering” approach to supplier management.
- Manage communication and be an initial point of escalation relating to suppliers and services within IS and the wider Oxfam organisation as appropriate.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a driven, proactive, experienced service management professional, capable of developing the day to day relationship with both the Oxfam customer and the supplier.
- A ‘people’ person with demonstrable relationship building experience, knowing how to meet and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- An understanding of technology and what makes a good commercial deal combined with the ability to manage supplier delivery, identifying and overcoming obstacles with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent demand management, planning and prioritisation skills as well as an ability to work under pressure
- An ability to explain technical solutions / commercial solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing multiple issues with different suppliers to different timescales.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and willingness to learn about cultural differences, gender issues and women’s rights.
- It is desirable that the applicant will have experience of negotiation, working within an IS environment, with transitioning IT services and an understanding of both technological and commercial market trends.
Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
Hours: 36 per week
Salary: Up to £ 39,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Region: United Kingdom
Job Family: IT
Division: Finance & IS
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 12 November 2018
How to apply:
This is a challenging managerial role for a motivated, proactive individual used to working under pressure with managerial experience. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.