STI Strategy Division Manager
The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development bank (MDB), working to improve the lives of those we serve by promoting social and economic development in Muslim countries and communities worldwide, delivering impact at scale.
The role provides strategic direction for the Division in line with the President’s P5P. It determines the strategy of the STI Department, sets and delivers objectives that enable IsDB to become a leading organization that mobilizes STI as a real development game changer and consequently steer IsDB modernization and transformation as a preferred world class development Bank. The role is also expected to position the department to effectively integrate STI tools and solutions into the mainstream Bank’s operations and interventions with the Member Countries to achieve maximum development impact.
- Frames and directs the formulation and updating of IsDB longer term strategies for the promotion of Science, Technology and Innovation sectors related to the socio-economic development of Member Countries
- Advocates, creates alliances to enhance the implementation President’s P5P through STI-based solutions and interventions
- Manages programs to monitor and advise the President and Board, on global and organizational strategic issues
- Develops and implements effective strategies and mechanisms for Science, Technology and Innovation
- Undertakes analytical work in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation to identify issues and recommends innovative solutions.
- Oversees the proper integration of Science, Technology and Innovation into IsDB projects to maximize impact.
- Adopts innovative approaches to project interventions that help realize greater synergies and impact positively on the objective to alleviate poverty.
- Shares best practices on STI among member countries relevant agencies and facilitates dialogue between think tanks in member countries
- Raises awareness of STI as a development game changer in the member countries and forge new relationships with key players and presents new, innovative solutions and opportunities such as resilience, environment, climate change and health
- Represents IsDB in multilateral and regional events and forums to advocate STI
- Develops key results targets and performance indicators (KPIs) related to Science, Technology and Innovation and Innovation.
- Prepares, implements and monitors associated annual plans and budgets.
- Identifies, prepares and processes cross-cutting (non-sector specific) Science, Technology and Innovation operations and projects, including Technical Assistance.
- Develops and pilots Science, Technology and Innovation initiatives between Member Countries and streamlines/rolls out the successful initiatives where suitable.
- Fosters innovation in member countries by developing enabling incentives.
- Provides strategic foresight for effective design and implementation of the annual Multi-Stakeholder Forum
- Ability to travel internationally.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrable experience of identifying, developing and implementing new strategic initiatives in STI, such as innovation hubs or related.
- Experience of working in a complex organisation, with an ability to manage operations, negotiate and network, both internally and externally as required.
- Knowledge and operational management experience within the science, technology and innovation (STI) fields.
- Sound knowledge of developing innovative projects that could have a positive impact on the sustainable development goals, particularly the alleviation of poverty.
- Experience of working in different national and political contexts, some connections to IsDB Member Countries and / or Muslim Communities in non-Member Countries would be desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to present to a variety of audiences (multilaterals, think tanks and regional events).
- Adaptable and resilient; able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel internationally.
Located: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date: 26th November
To find out more and to apply: http://isdb.oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/sti-strategy-division-manager/