Gender Action is dedicated to promoting gender equality and women's rights in all International Financial Institution (IFI) investments such as those of the World Bank. Gender Action's vision is a World Bank and other IFIs with mandatory gender policies and strategies that are implemented to increase women's economic empowerment opportunities and eliminate their human rights violations.
The organisation's main programmes comprise:
- Engendering country strategies
- Economic reforms and gender
- Women's rights in peace and conflict
- Tracking World Bank and other IFI gender policy implementation
- Women, the environment and infrastructure.
Latest documents from Gender Action
- DocumentS Bibler, C Lauterbach / Gender Action, 2012DocumentS Bibler, C Lauterbach / Gender Action, 2012DocumentS Lowman / Gender Action, 2012DocumentS Lowman / Gender Action, 2012DocumentGender Action, 2011