Centre for Basic Research, Uganda (CBR)
Center for Basic Research (CBR) was established in 1988 as an educational trust, and then registered in 1990 as a Non Governmental Organisation. Over the past eight years, the number of research fellows working at CBR has grown from eight (8) to twenty eight (28). Thier fields and interests include history, political economy, sociology, political science, law, education, and the sciences.
The CBR's stated objectives are as follows:
- research on issues of basic social significance
- documentation of materials on these issues: CBR operates a documentation centre on 46 topics of key research interest. The Centre provides both a newspaper clipping service and holds a collection of official and semi-official documents on each of these 46 topics.
- publication of research results,
- organising training for interested groups
- liaising with institutions which share broadly similar objectives.