Norwegian Council for Africa
The Norwegian Council for Africa (formerly the Norwegian Council for Southern Africa) has since 1967 spearheaded the Norwegian struggle against apartheid, and worked for democracy and justice in Southern Africa.
It aims to:
- Spread information and knowledge about Africa
- Keep Africa on the agenda in the Norwegian public opinion, among the politicians, the authorities and people involved in business and commerce
- Put pressure on Norwegian authorities to implement an active and solidaric policy towards Africa - both directly and through international channels
- Put pressure on Norwegian business and commerce in order to attain a more just and ethically sound trade with countries on the continent.
Website includes index of African news stories (called Index on Africa), description of the Council's project activities and a discussion area.
Latest documents from Norwegian Council for Africa
- DocumentC. Bu / Norwegian Council for Africa, 2012DocumentM. Dahle Huse, S. L. Muyakwa / Norwegian Council for Africa, 2008Document
Taking the GAP Media Toolkit: A Media Handbook for NGOs and CBOs - How to Get Media Attention and Reach Audiences with a MessageNorwegian Council for Africa, 1999